Tuesday, March 13, 2012

14-Year Old BUYS A HOUSE!: The Sh*t I Didn't Get To Say 03/13/12



Welcome to The Sh*t I Didn't Get To Say. This a blog series where I take articles I didn't discuss on my Twitter, Facebook, and Facebook Page in that day. Today is Tuesday, March 13th 2012. Let's get to it!



Yahoo! vs. Facebook. ROUND ONE!!! *ding ding*
According to an article by The Raw Story, Yahoo! filed a lawsuit against Facebook yesterday accusing the social network of patent infringement. On All Things Digital, Yahoo! said:

"For much of the technology upon which Facebook is based Yahoo! got there first and was therefore granted patents by the United States Patent Office to protect those innovations."

In the suit:

"Yahoo!'s patents relate to cutting edge innovations in online products, including in messaging, news feed generation, social commenting, advertising display, preventing click fraud and privacy controls...Facebook's entire social network model, which allows users to create profiles and connect with, among other things, persons and businesses, is based on Yahoo!'s patented social networking technology."

I smell bullsh*t personally. I mean come on Yahoo!, who do you think you are? Apple?

Yahoo! is obviously a dying online company, trying to pick on a bigger, more successful online company because no one uses Yahoo!. The only thing people uses Yahoo! for is Flickr, the Yahoo! Answer boards, and my father for his e-mail. Yahoo!, this doesn't help your company, it only degrades it. Try to do the "Facebook" thing and re-invent yourself instead of trying to get some money from successful companies who obviously worked their asses off a lot harder than you. Your jealousy is hypocrisy.

But what do you think? Is Yahoo! in the right or the wrong here? Let me know in a comments below and make sure to share this post.


Sri Lanka Censors Your Texts! Isn't That Just ROFLOL?!
According to an article by The Raw Story, the country Sri Lanka has imposed censorship on security-related mobile phone messages despite the government withdrawal from this last year following the end of it's separatist war with Tamil rebels. This seems to be limited to only SMS news alerts via mobile phones however.


This effects the major media outlets in the area who have their own SMS alerts to go with their mainstream radio, television and newspapers. So if their local news wants to warn people about a big giant banana in the sky that's going to come down and crush them via SMS, well... the government is going to have to "approve it."


What's really scary about this is that 17 journalists and media employees have been killed in Sri Lanka in the past decade, including pro-opposition websites being blocked and media organizations opposing the Sri Lanka governments views have been attacked. Though I don't want to get into any other country and cause a "conflict with them" after what's happening in the wars in the middle east, I still believe we should address the issue and take it as a moment to learn from this.




14-Year Old BUYS A HOUSE for $12,000! What?!
According to an article by The Huffington Post, a 14-year old by the name of Willow Tufano just bought her first house for $12,000 in Florida. Well... technically she owns 50% because her real estate agent mother Shannon Moore owns the other 50% of the 3-bedroom home. However Willow plans to buy her out in about a year and a half with a share of the $700 monthly rental income.

I'm sorry but I am dumb-founded on this one. I mean I sort of get it because according to the housing data research firm CoreLogic, nearly 17% of homeowners were delinquent on their mortgage payments by 90 days or more... but wow. A 14-year old buying a house. That's something you don't hear about everyday.

You want to know her trick to making money? She got a longboard for transportation around town (family members for transportation on large items) to find various discount sales and reselling goods and sell them to others for a bigger profit. She says:

"In the area that I'm in, people my age pretty much do drugs, smoke, and drink. I don't really support that...I do recycle.org, Craigslist, garage sales, garbage day, eBay. And I don't just resell them; if I have things for a while, I do curb alerts on Craigslist and give things away for free."

What do you think? Is this a brilliant thing that this 14-year old bought a house OR do you think that she shouldn't be able to buy it at her age? Let me know in a comment below and share this post with everyone you know!


The End for Today!

That's it! Thank you all so much for watching and thank you for liking, +1'ing and tweeting this blog out. I really appreciate it. I will see you all tomorrow and make sure you follow me on my many social networks.

- Kristopher Hardy

No comments:

Post a Comment